Of course, everyone needs a decent chair at their desk. Ergonomic and back-friendly chairs are good. Comfortable executive chairs are also popular. And for gamers who spend hours pursuing their passion for gaming, special gaming chairs are ideal. But of course you don’t have different chairs that you want to constantly exchange.
Video gaming: What are the advantages and disadvantages of a gaming chair?
Once you have decided on a great ergonomic chair in your favorite design, nothing stands in the way of working in this chair.
The advantages include the following points
- Very good and ergonomic seating comfort.
- With a bucket seat for a stable sitting position.
- Gentle on shoulder and neck muscles.
- Lots of convenient settings.
- Helpful additional accessories (cushions).
- Sporty and Elaborate Design – Looks sleeker than a regular office chair.
- Increases the gaming experience (e.g. driving games).
- When using real leather chairs, it is very durable, robust, you don’t sweat so quickly.
- Some gaming chairs are also ideal for paperwork.
Unfortunately, there are also a few disadvantages
- High acquisition costs because of the complex and stable design and the high quality.
- The bucket seat is stable but not ergonomic, so it restricts your freedom of movement.
- The really good gaming chairs are often only available in real leather or PU leather, which is problematic with stains. In addition, the cleaning and care of real leather chairs is expensive. In addition, genuine leather is not waterproof.
- Some gaming chairs are not suitable for the desk because you cannot get close enough to the desk because of the armrest.
- With some models it is not possible to optimally adjust the headrest or the armrest.
Which chair is right for you?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer here. It always depends on what you want to use this chair for. Are you only on the PC when you’re playing games, or do you mostly have to work at your desk? Then you don’t need a chair with big armrests that won’t get you close enough to the desk. However, you can benefit from the ergonomics and the comfortable equipment.
You should pay attention to stable workmanship and a hard-wearing material. This is easy on the wallet at the same time. However, it also depends on which design you prefer. Of course, the more complex models cost a little more. Alternatively, you can buy an ergonomic desk chair or a gaming chair for gaming on the TV.